Date: 1st April 2015
Subject: Thanking our dear TMNP Donor.
Dear TMNP Donor,
You are motivating our team consistently since past many years. Your timely aids have helped us gain momentum in our work and our team is inspired to do better work. This year as continuation to our last year plans, there are many projects in the pipeline. The approximate proposed budget for TMNP for the year 2015-16 comes to around Rs.65, 00,000/- Unfortunately this year we have not yet received any donations from our well wishers and our projects have started slowing down.
We would like to request you to go through our plans and proposed budget and kindly donate the possible amount to help us proceed with our 2015-16 year plans.
Last year we have laid down the foundation to achieve our core objectives of nurturing and nourishing the gifted talent. Now we have a dedicated team in place and have found out unique ways to increase our network of well wishers which in turn will help the gifted students.
Achievements for the year 2014-15:
- Mensa testing in 6 Underprivileged schools was conducted for more than 1200 students and more than 130 Mensans were identified.
- In February 2015, nurturing orientation program was conducted for more than 100 underprivileged gifted students from Kharabwadi School, Karmavir Bhaurao Patil School, Gram Prabodhini Rural School, Sevadham Tribal Residential School, Kamshet Tribal Residential School and Gram Prabodhini Rural School.
- Scholarship Portal was launched as part of our long-term objective to provide nourishment to the underprivileged gifted students that can help them pursue their academic dreams. Now these students can display their academic wish list and directly appeal to donors. The portal will help display the student’s authentic information, mediate the scholarship process and keep track of the student’s progress.
- To spread the Tribal Mensa Initiative, a 15 minutes documentary film of Tribal Mensa Nurturing Program was made and launched on YouTube. This film will help us to generate more funds and reach out to more people.
- Prof. Mark Saul and Mrs. Carol visited the tribal schools and shared a few experiences in mathematics with the underprivileged Gifted.
- Good quality geometry boxes and science education books (6 booklet set) were distributed to 280 Mensans identified in year 2013-2014.
- As part of TMNP scholarship program, Kiran Tupake received grants to pursue graduation in engineering. Seema Memane received scholarship to pursue Business Intelligence course at Opine Group. Somnath Bhavari who underwent our tribal nurturing program has joined the Maharashtra Police force this year.
- Delhi Mensa chapter has started project Dhruva for underprivileged community in Delhi. TMNP team designed the project in year 2014-2015. They have already completed screening of 1000 students and more. The project entirely sponsored by Indigo airlines.
These achievements would not have been possible without your belief and guidance. Your support has been crucial in helping us sail through these initial years of setting up a good platform for the benefit of underprivileged gifted students.
In the coming year we are all set to expand our horizons. TMNP now attempts to reach out to more underprivileged sections and to help the students pursue better academics and career goals that suit their interests and talents. We are now working towards building a self-sustaining and replicable model for the upliftment of underprivileged sections of our society.
For the year 2015-16, we have the following plans in our pipeline:
- Scheme 01: Nurturing: Around 250 gifted underprivileged students from 24 schools (identified in year 2011- 2012 & 2014- 2015) will undergo Giftedness Nurturing Program including 12 sessions of nurturing, 4 hrs each.
- Scheme 02: Scholarship eligibility and verification: In year 2015-2016, we will interview 100 gifted students and their information will be uploaded on portal. The program researcher and field officer will visit each gifted student’s home and collect first hand information.
- Scheme 03: Aptitude and career counseling: Gifted students of 10th standard (2015 – 2016) and pass outs of 2014-2015, will be screened for their aptitude and career counseling will be provided.
- Scheme 04: Scholarship Portal: Around 100 Gifted students who seek financial, network and logistic assistance will be enrolled on the scholarship portal.
- Scheme 05: Psycho profiling: A scientific psycho-profiling tool has been created by Jnana Prabodhini, which will be used to screen 100 gifted students.
- Scheme 06: Research on Gifted: It is very important to screen and assess scientific aptitude of underprivileged gifted. No research has been done so far. A unique research project will be taken up this year in the field of underprivileged gifted scientific aptitude.
- Scheme 07: Bal Yogesh: In year 2012- 2013 Bal Yogesh project was executed in one school. More than 40 students were taught about Yoga. This year more than 100 students will learn yoga and more over learn how to teach Yoga, thus become “Bal Yogesh”. Along with yoga, Surya Namaskara training will be given. Tribal Mensa Nurturing Program will create educational material for the same.
We have attached the proposed budget for the year 2015-16 for your reference.
As always, we look forward to your support that will help us to achieve our goals for the coming year. We are proud to be associated with your organization and are thankful towards your generosity.